Yellow Plum Compote and Lime Soy Yogurt Parfait
The tart lime yogurt was a lovely contrast to the sweet yellow plum compote, making this one of our favorite light summer treats.
- 1 cup strained soy yogurt from 1&1/2 cups regular soy yogurt
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup yellow plum compote or peach compote
- bit of granola
- slices of yellow plums and sprig of green (we used stevia, can be also mint or lemon verbena) as garnish
For the yellow plum compote
we used Pascale Weeks’ Mirabelle (plum) Jam with vanilla and star anise recipe.
to make the lime soy yogurt:
- Strain 1 & 1/2 cups of soy yogurt through a cheesecloth to remove the extra liquid.
- Add the zest, juice and sugar and mix well.
to make the parfait:
- Place a tablespoon or so of the plum compote in the bottom of a parfait glass.
- Add a layer of granola.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of the lime yogurt.
- Repeat the layers.
- Top with a few slices of yellow plums and we added a bit of green using stevia leaves
You can use any plum to make this tasty compote.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.