Sunchokes are also known as Jerusalem artichokes or topinambour. The plant is a species of sunflower native to eastern North America and quite easy to grow. Sunchokes are great raw in salads, make a delicious soup as this one or a delicious gratin.
- 1 lemon (to keep veggies from browning while cutting them)
- 2 pounds sunchokes (Jerusalem artichoke), peeled & chopped
- 1 celery root, peeled and chopped
- 2 small onions, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- half bottle dry white wine
- 2 cups vegetable bouillon
- 1 cup soy cream
- nutmeg (optional but nice)
- Saute the onions and garlic in oil in a soup pot.
- Add the root veggies and thyme, then add the vegetable bouillon.
- Simmer until root veggies are soft.
- Puree to a smooth consistency and use the wine and soy cream to thin the soup as you puree it.
- Add the nutmeg, and season with salt and white pepper as desired.
- We garnished the soup with pumpkin and sunflower seeds.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.