Tempeh Stew with Garlic Mashed Potatoes
With the beginning of fall and cooler temperatures, we begin to look forward to warming comfort foods. This tempeh stew tasted very good o a rainy day.
Serving Size: 4
- 1 lb. mixed vegetables, peeled and cut into cubes (carrots, parsnips, 1/4 celery root, onion, peas)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 pound/package tempeh, cut into cubes
- 2 teaspoons vegan Worcestershire sauce or tamari
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 lb. potatoes, peeled and halved
- 4 tablespoons olive oil (separated)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons oregano leaves
- Peel and cut the potatoes.
- Place in a large pot of lightly salted water and bring to a gentle boil.
- Cook until the potatoes are soft.
- In a large pot, combine vegetables and 1 tablespoon oil.
- Saute the vegetables for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the 1/2 cup water, over medium heat, bring to a soft boil, then turn down the heat and place a lid on the pot.
- Lightly sear the tempeh cubes to golden brown using 1 tablespoon olive oil or oil of choice
- Add the seared tempeh and vegan Worcestershire sauce or tamari to the vegetables.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cook, covered, for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Peel and mince the garlic. Add garlic and 2 tablespoons of olive oil into a small frying pan and cook until softened.
- Drain the water from the cooked potatoes.
- Add the garlic, salt and pepper to the potatoes and mash.
- Divide potatoes among four dishes and top with stew.
- Sprinkle with oregano leaves.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.