Baked Nut Filled Pears en Croute with Lemon Syrup
These lovely fresh pears were cored, then filled with a ground almond and cinnamon mixture. Wrapped with vegan puff pastry and baked (= en croute). Served with a light lemon sauce, they were lovely on a chilly day.
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 pears, cored and peeled
- 4 sheets frozen vegan puff pastry, thawed and cut in strips
- 4 tablespoons ground almonds or other nuts
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons water
- Place the 4 tablespoons of ground nuts in a small bow.
- Add the powdered sugar and cinnamon and mix.
- Prepare a cookie sheet with baking parchment.
- Preheat the oven to 425℉/220℃ or whatever the box of puff pastry indicates.
- Thaw the 4 sheets of puff pastry and slice in thin strips (about 1/2 thick).
- Slice a small portion of the bottom of the pears off, in order for it to sit up evenly.
- Using an apple corer or long thin knife, remove the core from the bottom side through the middle section of the pears.
- Peel the outside of the pears.
- Fill the inner cavity of the pears with the nut mixture and place on a cookie sheet prepared with baking parchment.
- Carefully wrap each pear with the strips of puff pastry, slightly overlapping in order to keep the pear covered and the pastry together.
- Place in the oven to bake for 18-20 minutes.
- While the pears are baking, make a light lemon syrup.
- Place the lemon juice, sugar and water in a small sauce pan and heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
- Other options are to make a chamomile syrup, an elderberry syrup or other syrup of choice. We enjoyed the lemon.
- When the pears are golden, remove from the oven and place on individual plates.
- Allow to cool slightly as they are very hot.
- The syrup can be poured in a carafe for individuals to help themselves.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.