Beet and Pear Soup with Lemon Avocado Cream
This is a mild soup which is slightly sweet from the pears. The lemony avocado cream and lemon zest as garnish really bring out the flavors of the soup
Serving Size: 4
for the soup:
- 3 medium beets, peeled and chopped
- 1 red onion, peeled and chopped
- 1-2 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 ripe pears, peeled ad chopped
- 1 quart vegetable stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- pinch of sugar
- splash of lemon juice
- dill or fennel frond as garnish
for the avocado cream:
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 teaspoons lemon or lime juice
- 2-3 tablespoons soy yogurt
- organic lemon zest
- Prepare the vegetables.
- Heat the oil in a soup pot.
- Add the carrots and onions and sauté until they begin to soften.
- Add the beets, garlic and pears.
- Add the vegetables stock and cook the soup until the vegetables are soft. Depending on the size of the chunks it will take 20-40 minutes.
- While the soup is cooking, prepare the avocado cream.
- Peel the avocado and cut into small pieces.
- Place the avocado pieces in a blender and add the lemon juice and soy yogurt.
- Blend to a smooth consistency.
- Place the avocado cream in a small bowl to be used at the table.
- When the vegetables of the soup are soft, puree the mixture to a creamy soup.
- Serve the soup with sprinkled with lemon zest, the avocado cream in dollops and optionally a frond of dill or fennel.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.