Farfalle with Roasted Cauliflower, Red Onions and Garlic
Cauliflower tastes so nice when it has been roasted in the oven and garlic becomes milder as well. We really enjoyed this diner and are looking forward to having it again.
Serving Size: 4
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 large red onion, peeled and cut into thin wedges
- 3-4 large cloves garlic, peeled and halved
- 1/4 cup vegan parmesan
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 12-14 ounces dry pasta such as farfalle
for the vegan parmesan:
- 1/4 cup ground nuts such as hazelnuts, almonds or walnuts
- 2-3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/8 tablespoon dry mustard powder
- pinch of salt
- pinch garlic powder
- pinch of nutmeg
- Prepare the vegetables.
- Pre-heat the oven to 475 F / 246 C.
- Place the vegetables in a oven-proof casserole dish.
- Drizzle the olive oil over the vegetables and stir to mix.
- Place the vegetables in the oven to roast for 30-45 minutes or until the cauliflower is lightly golden-brown.
- After 20 minutes of baking stir the vegetables to evenly cook.
- Meanwhile prepare the vegan parmesan cheese.
- Mix the ingredients in a small bowl and season to taste. Optionally you may want a bit of paprika or cayenne.
- Bring a pot of lightly salted water to boil and add the pasta.
- Cook the pasta al dente.
- When the pasta is done, drain the liquid and put the pasta back in the pot.
- Remove the vegetables from the oven and add to the pasta.
- Mix well.
- Serve the dish with the vegan parmesan sprinkled on top or in a bowl for people to add at the table.