Red Cabbage Waldorf Salad with Golden Raisins and Tofu Feta
Red cabbage, apples and walnuts, all come into season at the same time, making this a really great salad to serve as the weather begins to turn chilly.
Serving Size: 4
for the salad:
- 1 small head red cabbage, thinly shaved (about 4 cups)
- 3 spring onions thinly sliced
- 2-3 medium organic apples, cored and chopped in small pieces
- 1/3 cup walnut pieces, toasted
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 3/4 cup tofu feta pieces (click here for instructions)
for the dressing:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fruit or white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Remove the old, damaged outer leaves of the cabbage, slice in half and then using a vegetable peeler or mandolin, shave the red cabbage in think strands.
- Place the shredded red cabbage in a large bowl.
- Coarsely chop the walnut pieces.
- Place in a small dry frying pan and lightly toast, stirring so that they don’t burn. It will only take a minute or two.
- To make the dressing, place the dressing ingredients in a small saucepan and heat over medium low heat.
- Stir to mix well.
- Thinly slice the spring onions, green and white parts and mix with the salad. Save a few of the green parts as garnish.
- Add the raisins to the red cabbage.
- Add the toasted walnut pieces.
- Core the apples and cut in small pieces, add the apple pieces to the salad and mix well.
- Pour the warm dressing over the salad.
- Mix well so everything is evenly coated.
- Allow the red cabbage to wilt and the salad to season for at least 15 minutes before serving.
- Shortly before serving, add the tofu feta pieces and mix the salad.
- Sprinkle a few of the green pieces on top of the salad as garnish.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.