Easy Vegan Apple Fritters
We have been harvesting many apples from our trees this year and this is a lovely treat that uses less sugar than most other treats.
Yield: 12-14 rings
- 3-4 organic apples, cored and cut in 1/4 inch rings
- 1 cup AP flour
- 1 cup seltzer water or fizzy mineral water
- pinch salt
- light oil for deep frying at 375°F / 190°C.
- powdered sugar for serving
- Add the seltzer water and gently stir to mix.
- Wash the apples well and dry.
- Core the apples and slice in 1/4 inch rings.
- Drop the rings individually in the batter so they are well covered on both sides.
- Transfer the battered apple rings to the hot oil.
- Deep fry until golden on both sides.
- Drain on a paper towel.
- Serve dusted with powdered sugar.