Kale Risotto with Spicy Tofu Pieces
This is quick and easy one pot meal that is both tasty and satisfying.
Serving Size: 4
- 1 medium leek, white parts only, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ cups risotto rice
- 4-5 cups vegetable bouillon
- 1/2 cup soy yogurt
- 4-5 cups organic kale, washed, de-stemed and chopped
- 8 ounces prepared spicy tofu pieces
- chives as garnish
- red paprika powder as dusting
- Prepare the kale.
- Chop the leek and onion.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan.
- Add the leek and onion pieces and gently sauté until soft.
- Add the risotto rice and stir well to evenly cover the rice.
- Add 2 cups vegetable bouillon and allow the rice to cook and swell.
- When the bouillon has been absorbed, add the next 2 cups and continue cooking.
- When most of the liquid has been absorbed, add the soy yogurt and stir to a creamy mixture. If the rice is not soft yet, you may need to add a bit more of the vegetable bouillon.
- Add the kale and mix well.
- Add the tofu pieces and again mix well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. You could additionally add some nutritional yeast, although we found the flavors to be very tasty just as this.
- Chop the chives.
- Serve the risotto garnished with the chopped chives and a light sprinkle of red paprika.