Walnut Pea Spread
This delicious spread tastes great on crackers or as a sandwich spread.
Yield: 2 cups
- 1 jar 24 ounce peas, drained
- 1½ cups walnut pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 teaspoons vegetable bouillon powder
- 2 tablespoons tamari or light soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon smoky paprika powder
- 2-3 tablespoon tahini
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- few drops liquid smoke
- dash black pepper
- pinch salt
- Place the drained peas in a food processor and puree.
- Heat the cooking oil in a frying pan. Add the chopped onion and sauce until glassy.
- Add the walnut pieces to the cooking onion.
- When the onion is glassy and the walnut pieces aromatic, add them to the pureed peas in the food processor.
- Pulse to create a smooth puree.
- Add the vegetable bouillon powder, tamarin, tahini and liquid smoke. and once again pulse to combine.
- Add the thyme, smoky paprika powder, salt and pepper and pulse once again.
- Season to taste if needed. Remove from the food processor and store in the refrigerator.
- Serve on crackers as a dip or on bread as a spread.