Vegan Cheesy Zucchini Biscuits
These are delicious biscuits for a Sunday morning breakfast or brunch. Our zucchini plants have been very generous this year so we have been dreaming up all kinds of uses for zucchini. This is one of the best. We really enjoyed these biscuits this morning. They are quick and easy to make and only take 15 minutes to bake.
Yield: 6 biscuits
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1¼ teaspoons baking powder
- 3/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/8 teaspoon salt
- ¼teaspoon dry mustard
- 3 tablespoons vegan margarine
- ¼cup shredded vegan cheese
- ¼cup nutritional yeast
- ½ cup shredded zucchini
- ½ non-dairy milk
- Pre-heat the oven to 450°F/232°C.
- Place baking parchment on a cookie sheet.
- Wash and grate the zucchini.
- Place the zucchini in a colander and very lightly sprinkle some salt.
- Allow the zucchini to drain while you mix the dough.
- Place the flour in a bowl.
- Add the baking powder, dry mustard, baking soda and salt and whisk to mix.
- Cut in the vegan margarine using a fork, knives or your fingers.
- Add the vegan shredded cheese but reserve a bit to sprinkle on the top of the biscuits.
- Squeeze the water out of the zucchini, separate with a fork and sprinkle into the dough.
- Add the non-dairy milk and gently mix to moisten.
- Using a tablespoon drop a generous amount of dough onto the baking parchment.
- You should have 6 nice sized biscuits.
- Sprinkle a few pieces of shredded vegan cheese on top
- Place in the oven to bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown on top.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy warm.