Vegan Greek Chickun Pasta
Lately we’ve been endeavouring to adapt a lot of chicken recipes to be vegan. his was one that we really enjoyed recently and will be making again throughout the winter season.
Serving Size: 4
- 12-16 ounces vegan soy chunks (chickun style)
- 1 pound pasta, (egg free of course, we used bow-ties)
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 roasted red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small zucchini, sliced and quartered
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- ¼ cup vegan feta cheese, crumbled
- splash lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- parsley as garnish, chopped
- Heat a lightly salted pot of water to cook the pasta.
- Cook according to instructions on the package.
- Heat the cooking oil in a frying pan.
- Add the sliced and quartered zucchini pieces and lightly saute until golden brown.
- Add the sliced roasted paprika pieces.
- Add the vegan chickun pieces and oregano.
- Stir to mix well.
- Add the splash of lemon juice.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, remembering that you will soon add “salty” olives and vegan feta.
- When the pasta is done, drain and return it to the pot.
- Add the sautéed vegetables and mix well.
- Serve in individual serving dishes.
- Add the Kalamata olives to each dish and top with crumbled vegan feta cheese and some chopped parsley.