Vegan Pumpkin Crepes
This recipe of vegan pumpkin crepes filled with carrots, herbed non-dairy yogurt and chervil makes a lovely lunch for 2 or a light brunch.
Serving Size: 2
Yield: 4 crepes
for the crepes:
- 1 cup chick pea flour
- 1 cup AP flour
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
for the filling:
- 2 cups carrots, peeled and grated
for the sauce:
- 2 cups non-dairy yogurt
- 1 teaspoon ground anise or fennel
- ½-¾ cups chervil, cleaned and chopped
for the garnish:
- a few chervil fronds
- To make the crepes place the 2 flours in a bowl.
- Add the salt, cornstarch and sugar and lightly mix with a fork.
- Mix the 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree with the 3 c ups of water.
- Peel and grate the carrots.
- Clean the chervil, reserve a few as garnish and chop the rest.
- Mix the non-dairy yogurt with the anise and pinch of salt and a splash of water.
- Add the chopped chervil and mix again.
- Heat a large frying pan or crepe pan.
- Add a small amount of oil and spread over the pan.
- Add 1 soup ladle of crepe batter and lightly fry until there are bubbles on top of the crepe and it looks to be “dry”
- Flip the crepe over and lightly cook the other side.
- Place the cooked crepe on a serving plate.
- Add a small amount of oil to the crepe pan and another ladle of batter.
- While the 2nd crepe is cooking, fill the first crepe with a handful of grate4d carrots, some of the yogurt/chervil mixture and fold the crepe in half.
- Garnish with a few chervil fronds and continue cooking the 2nd crepe.
- This recipe made 4 nice sized crepes.