Taco Salad in a Jar
We’ve been enjoying salads in jars lately. They are a good way to transport a meal, as well as storing for a short time. One can make them ahead of time, and then enjoy at ones convenience.
Serving Size: 2
for the creamy salad dressing:
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vegetable bouillon powder
- 1 tablespoon maple or agave syrup
- ¼-½ jalepeno, de-seeded and minced
- ¼ cup soy yogurt
- salt and pepper to taste
for the salad:
- Mixed salad greens, washed and spin dried
- 12 Cherry tomatoes, cleaned and halved
- 1½ cups black beans, cooked and drained
- 1 cup TVP (textured vegetable protein (also known as soy protein)
- 1 cup boiling water to reconstitute the TVP
- ½ cup non-dairy cheese, shredded
- handful black olives
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup tomato salsa
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- taco chips
- cilantro or coriander leaves as garnish
- to make the dressing:
- Mix together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, vegetable bouillon powder and maple or agave syrup.
- Whisk to blend.
- Remove the seeds from a jalapeño and mince 1/4 of it, or more if you wish.
- Add to the dressing.
- Add the soy yogurt and again, whisk to blend.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place 2-3 tablespoons of the dressing in the bottom of your jars.
- to make the salad:
- Place the TVP in a small bowl.
- Add the boiling water and allow the TVP to reconstitute for 3-5 minutes.
- Layer the various ingredients into the jar.
- We placed a layer of clean greens on top of the salad dressing, as the bottom layer of the salad.
- Then we added about 4 or 5 of the cherry tomatoes, cut in half.
- Next we layered 2-3 tablespoons of the black beans and then the sliced green onions.
- Followed with 2-3 tablespoons of the TVP.
- On top of the TVP we placed the tomato salsa with a few black olives on top of the salsa.
- We next layered the non-dairy cheese.
- On top of the non-dairy cheese, we placed some coriander or cilantro leaves, and avocado slices.
- We garnished the salad with a few taco chips and had a bowl of taco chips on the side.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.