Apricot Vegan Cream Cheese Bruschetta
This was a lovely lunch we had. It would also be nice as party food, at a brunch, served as an appetizer, or even as a snack.
Yield: about 20 rounds
- 1 sourdough baguette
- 1 cup vegan cream cheese
- 6 ripe organic apricots, cleaned and sliced
- 3 tablespoons sweet syrup (I made chamomile)
- handful sunflower seeds, toasted
- lemon balm and edible flowers as garnish
- Slice the baguette into 2 inch rounds.
- Toast the rounds on a grill or in the oven.
- Spread each round with cream cheese.
- Clean and slice the apricots.
- Optionally lightly grill the apricots.
- Place the apricot pieces on the rounds.
- Drizzle a bit of sweet syrup on top (agave, maple, or I used homemade chamomile syrup).
- Toast the sunflower seeds in a dry pan.
- Sprinkle the tops of each round with a few sunflower seeds.
- Garnish with lemon balm and edible flowers.
A simple syrup is made from boiling equal parts water and sugar- then adding fruit, herbs or flowers such as chamomile.