These are so light and tasty, and easy to make. We do hope you give them a try.
Serving Size: 4
- 4 sheets of puff pastry, thawed
- 2 tablespoons almonds, chopped ad ground
- 2 tablespoons pecans, chopped and ground
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, chopped and ground
- 2 tablespoons vegan margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- pinch sugar
- Thaw the puff pastry.
- Preheat the oven to 220 (C). or whatever the package of puff pastry indicates.
- Chop the nuts, put some of the nut pieces in a bowl, and the rest in a coffee grinder or food process to further grind to a flour consistency.
- Melt the vegan margarine.
- Place all of the nuts in a bowl.
- Add the powdered sugar, and then add most of the melted margarine. (Save a little to brush on the outside of the pastries.
- Mix he nut mixture well (I used a fork). It should be crumbly although at times stick together also.
- Place the puff pastry sheets on a cookie sheet prepared with baking parchment or a silicone sheet.
- Put a tablespoon of the nut mixture in the center of each pastry.
- Bring the points of each corner to the center and pinch together.
- Brush the remaining melted margarine on the outer portions of the puff pastry and dust lightly with sugar.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown and puffy.