These lovely light muffins are delicious. As cherries are now in season these are one of our favorite ways to enjoy them.
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup pitted fresh cherries
- 2 tablespoons poppy seed
- 1 egg replacement
- 3/4 cup soy milk
- 1/4 cup Earth Balance or other vegan margarine, melted
- Preheat the oven to 375 F / 190 C.
- Prepare muffin tins or cups with spray oil.
- Clean the cherries, pit and cut into small pieces.
- Sift together flour, salt, baking powder, poppy seeds and sugar.
- Add cherries and stir gently to blend.
- In a separate bowl, mix the egg replacer in the soy milk and melted vegan margarine.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry and stir to mix. (It will be a stiff batter)
- Spoon the batter into prepared muffin tins.
- Bake muffins at F / 190 C for 25 to 30 minutes.
adapted from http://www.fresh-fruit-daily.com/cherry-muffins.html