This is a quick and easy way to enjoy ratatouille. It works well as a lunch or a main dinner on a hot day.
Yield: 6-8 wraps
- 2-3 tablespoons oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 large onion
- 1 ripe bell pepper
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoon Italian herbs
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- salt ad pepper
- pinch of cayenne, optional
- 6-8 flour tortillas
- Chop all the veggies into fine cubes.
- In a large frying pan heat the oil.
- Add the bell pepper and begin to saute.
- As the bell pepper pieces become soft, add the onion.
- As the onion begins to soften, add the zucchini pieces.
- Add the eggplant pieces as the zucchini pieces begin to soften.
- When the vegetables have sautéed, add the can of crushed tomatoes.
- Add the Italian herbs, salt pepper and cayenne if using.
- Fill each flour tortilla with 2-3 tablespoons of the ratatouli mixture.
- Place the mixture along one edge of the tortilla. Fold in the 2 sides slightly, and roll the tortilla closed.
- I usually wrap the wrap half way in a paper napkin to make it easier and less messy to eat.
- Serve the wraps warm.
These are part of our ratatouille collection including main meals, soups, salads and pizza.