We really enjoyed this tempeh pate tonight. It makes a lovely appetizer, finger food at a party or can be used as a spread for sandwiches.
Yield: 2 cups
- 8 ounces tempeh
- 3 tablespoons plain soy yogurt
- 1 tablespoon tamari or light soy sauce
- 1-2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds or ground fennel
- pinch salt
- Cut the tempeh into pieces and steam for 20 minutes.
- When the tempeh has steamed and is soft, place in a food processor.
- Add the soy yogurt, tamari and sesame oil and puree to a smooth consistency.
- Add the thyme, garlic and onion powder and the fennel seeds.
- Again puree to blend the mixture.
- Remove from the food processor and place in a bowl.
- Allow to cool in the refrigerator.
- We served the tempeh pate with a wholegrain baguette, garnished with optional radish slices or kiwi slices.