Grilled Eggplant with Tabbouleh Salsa
We really enjoyed this lovely meal.
Serving Size: 4
- 2-3 medium large eggplants
for the tabbouleh salsa:
- ½ cup couscous
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 large bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped in small pieces
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- First make the tabbouleh. Place the couscous in a medium bowl.
- Add the boiling water and place a lid over the top so the couscous can swell and soften.
- Was the parsley and shake the water off.
- Chop the parsley and place in a medium large bowl.
- Chop the onion and add to the parsley.
- De-seed and chop the tomatoes and add to the parsley.
- When the couscous has cooled, fluff and add into the parsley.
- Make the dressing and pour over the salad.
- Mix well and season to taste with salt and pepper and possibly some more lemon juice.
- Next grill the eggplant. Clean the eggplant and slice length-wise in 1/4 inch thin slices.
- You should be able to get 3-4 nice slices from each eggplant.
- Heat and oil the grill.
- Place the eggplant on the hot, oiled grill and cook until soft.
- Turn so each side of the eggplant has been grilled.
- Place the eggplant on a plate and 2-3 tablespoons of the tabbouleh on top of the eggplant.