Hummus Melt on English Muffin
These yummy sandwiches are great as a power packed breakfast, brunch or tasty lunch.
Serving Size: 4
- 8 English muffins, toasted
- 1½ cups hummus (home made or bought)
- 2 tomato, large rid removed and leaves finely chopped
- 2 generous handfuls of baby spinach, steamed
- non-dairy cheese
- Wash and steam the spinach.
- Slice the tomatoes.
- Toast the English muffins.
- Pre-heat the oven to broil.
- When the English muffins have been toasted, place the bottom parts of the muffins on a baking sheet with baking parchment.
- Lay a slice on tomato on each bottom part of the muffin.
- Dollop a generous amount of hummus on top of each tomato.
- Layer a good amount of steamed spinach on top of the hummus and sprinkle the top with non-dairy cheese.
- Place in the oven to melt the cheese one or 2 minutes – then remove from the oven.
- While the muffins are in the oven, speed the top parts of the muffins with non-dairy van margarine or a nice spread.
- Serve the muffins warm from the oven.