Apple raspberry crisp with streusel topping
Today we started to harvest the first apples from the tree in our backyard and used them together with raspberries from our allotment garden over a bed of granola and with a light streusel topping to make a lovely afternoon snack.
Serving Size: 2
- 1/2 pint fresh raspberries
- 3 apples, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 tbs. soy margarine
- 2 tbs. flour
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats or granola
- 2 tbs. brown sugar
- 1 tbs. white sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Prepare a baking dish or 2 small oven proof ramekins with non-stick spray.
- Combine the 1 tbs. softened soy margarine, flour, and 1 tbs. brown sugar in a small bowl until crumbly; set aside.
- Combine the 1 tablespoon of brown sugar with the oats and place in the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Dot small pieces of the remaining tablespoons of soy margarine over the top of the oats.
- Cut the apples in bite sized pieces into a bowl with lemon juice and a bit of water so that the apple pieces do not turn brown.
- When the apples are cut, drain the lemon water off, add the 1 tbs. of white sugar and gently add the raspberries.
- Spoon the apple/raspberry mixture over the oats.
- Top with the streusel mixture and place in the oven.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the top is slightly browned and crisp.
- Optionally serve with a dollop of whipped soy cream.