Garlic Baguette with Ratatouille
Ratatouille is such a flavorful meal. This recipe makes a great appetizer or finger-food. We enjoyed it today as lunch.
Serving Size: 4
- 1 small zucchini, cut in small cubes
- 1/2 eggplant, cut in small cubes
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, cut in small cubes
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 tsp. herbs de Provence
- 1 small can tomato paste
- cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbs. oil
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3-4 Tbs. vegan margarine
- 1 large baguette
- rosemary as an optional garnish
- Heat the oil in a pan, saute the bell pepper and the zucchini.
- Add the onion and eggplant pieces and further saute.
- When the vegetables begin to soften, add the tomato paste and seasonings.
- Meanwhile, melt the vegan margarine in a small pan.
- Add the minced garlic.
- Cut the baguette diagonally in slices.
- Brush the baguette with the garlic butter and toast, either in a frying pan/ on the grill or in the oven.
- Place a generous helping of the ratatouille on each piece of baguette.
- Garnish with a small piece of rosemary.