Pasta with Wild Garlic Pesto and Asparagus
Wild garlic pesto is incredible! It is only available for a few weeks in early spring. We enjoyed this as a spring holiday meal with a mixed salad and a bio vegan white wine.
Serving Size: 4
- 2 cups wild garlic pesto
- 16 ounces pasta (we used bow tie)
- ½ pound asparagus, trimmed and cut in 2-3 inch pieces
- Prepare the wild garlic pesto.
- Bring large pot of lightly salted water to boil and cook the pasta al dente according to instructions.
- Clean the asparagus.
- Cut off the woody end and slice the spears into 2-3 inch pieces.
- Steam the asparagus al dente (3-5 minutes).
- Drain the pasta when it is ready (reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking water to mix with the pasta.
- Return the drained pasta to the pot mix 3/4 cup of pesto with some of the pasta cooking water and pour over the pasta.
- Stir to mix well.
- Gently mix in the steamed asparagus pieces, reserving a few of the tips as top garnish.
- Serve the pasta on individual pates, place a few of the asparagus tips on top and perhaps a some more of the pesto.
- We served the meal garnished with white edible spring flowers.