Savory Zucchini Muffins

Here’s another tasty way to use up your bounty of zucchinis. These tasty muffins are lovely. They are light and fluffy and have a “cheesy” flavor that comes from the nutritional yeast and the dry mustard. These muffins  make a lovely Sunday morning  or holiday brunch.

This recipe is exclusively available in 4 Season Vegan, our cookbook with a selection of our favorite seasonal vegan recipes. It is available on iBooks and as PDF in our own shop.

6 Responses to “Savory Zucchini Muffins”

1. Jeannette108 says:

Tasty, easy and delicious! Were more like a biscuit than a muffin though. They would do well to be cooked in the same way as scones.

2. Chris says:

Hi Jeannette,
    Thank you for your comment. I’m glad you enjoyed the muffins. It’s difficult to categorize some things, as each country calls things a bit differently. In some countries even a cookie is called a biscuit so it’s a bit hard to say. As there was “egg” (egg-replacement) in the recipe it qualified more as a muffin than a biscuit or scone. Usually the biscuits and scones use the baking powder and no egg. As long as they are tasty, healthy and vegan :-) then you can call them whatever you’d like :-) It’s a good recipe. We really enjoyed them and were happy to share the recipe with people. I’m glad you liked them.

3. trish says:

Just made these and they were yummy & so easy! I replaced 1/2 cup sr flour with wholemeal (& 1/2 tsp baking powder), and didn’t have powdered mustard so used 1 tsp dijon in the wet mix (probably could’ve used a bit more). Also used a bit more liquid – i think the wholemeal flour seems to soak it up more. Will definitely be making these again!

4. Chris says:

Hi Trish,
    Thank you for your comment, and for sharing your adaptations. They sound yummy. Yes, often I have adapted a recipe using other kinds of mustard’s. And, yes, I have found that the whole wheat flour takes a bit more liquid. I think next time I make these, I will try your adaptations.

5. Agnes says:

Delicious, but I am not adding salt at all, just a teaspoon of vegan bullion powder. I once added all salt required and it was hardly edible, sorry.

6. Chris says:

Hi Agnes, Thank you for your comment and suggestion. Yes, the salty flavor is a matter of personal taste. It does give a boast to the chees-y flavor, but less is fie also, and the vegetable bouillon would be great as well.Thank you for sharing your ideas.