Mexican Zucchini Soup
We remade one of the most popular recipes on Vegalicious. This year we are having a abundant zucchini harvest and this great tasting soup is a good use for all those zucchini.
Serving Size: 4
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1½ teaspoons vegan margarine
- 2 cups vegetable bouillon
- 2 cups zucchini, diced in small pieces
- 1½ cups corn kernels
- 3 tablespoons jalapeno peppers, finely chopped
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup soy yogurt
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast or soy Parmesan
- minced fresh parsley and ground nutmeg as optional garnish
- Saute the onion in the soy margarine until it is glassy, about 3 minutes.
- Add the minced zucchini pieces and saute until they begin to soften.
- Stir in the vegetable bouillon, corn and jalapeno’s and black pepper.
- Bring the soup to a gentle boil , reduce the heat and cook until the corn and zucchini are soft but not mushy.
- Remove from the heat.
- Add the soy yogurt and nutritional yeast of soy cheese.
- Optionally garnish the soup with parsley and nutmeg.