We enjoyed this mild soup on a rainy chilly fall day. It tasted wonderful. Red bell peppers and pears make a great combination, lightly sweet and mildly flavored with a warming red color.
Serving Size: 4
- 3 large red bell peppers, roasted, deseeded and sliced
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, deseeded and minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 spring onions, white part only and chopped
- 2 cups vegetable bouillon
- 1 pear, peeled, cored and chopped
- Heat the oil in a soup pot.
- Add the chopped spring onion and garlic, begin to saute.
- Add the roasted bell peppers and saute lightly until the onions begin to soften.
- Add the vegetable bouillon and bring to a soft boil.
- Add the chopped pear and cook until the pear is soft.
- Puree the soup.
- Season to taste with additional seasonings as needed.
- We served the soup garnished with a few chives from chopping the green parts of the spring onions.