- 2 tbs. oil
- 1 pkg. (300 grams) tempeh, sliced on bite sized pieces
- 1 package (250 grams) mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup or more red wine
- 2 tbs. soy sauce
- 1/2 red bell pepper (optional), cut in small pieces
- 1 tbs. cornstarch
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan.
- Add the onions and saute until glassy.
- Add the chopped red bell pepper and sliced mushrooms.
- Saute the vegetables.
- Add the tempeh pieces and saute until golden brown.
- Add the wine, soy sauce and seasonings.
- Shortly before serving, mix the cornstarch in a bit of red wine add this to the mixture in the frying pan and stir until the sauce thickens.
We usually serve this with potatoes. Mashed, or boiled.