Traditional brownies recipes usually use eggs and butter, but there is no reason to use animal products at all. Vegan brownies are delicious and easy to make.
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tbs. oil
- 12 oz. tofu
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 (F)
- Combine margarine, sugar and oil in a food processor until light and fluffy.
- Add tofu and process 2 min. longer.
- Add cocoa and vanilla and continue.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients.
- Pour batter into a lightly oiled pan and bake 25 min.
- We dust the brownies with powdered sugar just before serving.