Layered eggplant with chopped nut filling
- 2 eggplants
- 3-4 tbs. olive oil
- 150 grams mixed nuts, chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 tbs. paprika paste
- 325 grams tofu, pureed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tomatoes, sliced
- Slice the eggplants in thin slices and fry in the olive oil till lightly browned. (3-4 min.)
- Chop the nuts in a kitchen machine or food processor.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Puree the tofu, add the paprika paste, salt and pepper.
- Place 1 slice of eggplant on the bottom of an ovenproof dish.
- Spread the tofu mixture on top and then some of the nut mixture.
- Repeat this again with a second slice of eggplant, tofu mixture and nuts.
- Top with a slice of eggplant the tofu mixture and sliced tomatoes and sprinkle a few nuts on top.
- Do the entire procedure again for each layer.
- Place all in a preheated oven at 200 (C) and bake for 10 minutes.