Piña Colada Mousse
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 can pineapple chunks, with liquid
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 tbs. rum
- nutmeg , optional
- dried flaked coconut for garnish, optional
- Put the cooked rice in a sauce pan.
- Add the coconut milk, crushed pineapples with their sauce and the sugar.
- Cook over a low heat for 10 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly to avoid sticking.
- Remove from the heat and add the rum.
- Place in individual serving blows and refrigerate.
- Garnish with a piece of pineapple and a sprinkle of nutmeg or coconut if desired.
Optionally, if you wish for a very smooth mouse, you could puree the ingredients after cooking and before chilling. This will blend the flavors and be milder. I would add the rum after pureeing.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.