“Purple Love” – Eggplant lasagna with chopped nut filling
Some say that eggplant is an acquired taste. Many kids don’t like it, and I must admit I was an adult before I learned to enjoy it. But perhaps, it was just that eggplant wasn’t ever made or presented in a delicious way. This is definitely one of my top ten favorite recipes. It is an adaptation from a gourmet restaurant in our town. It was not originally vegan, it was vegetarian, so it was not so difficult to change. However, I have tweaked it a bit further and we really enjoy this now. I find it not difficult to make and in fact even easy. I hope you give it a try and enjoy it as much as we do.
Serving Size: 4
- 2 eggplants
- 3-4 tbs. olive oil
- 150 grams mixed nuts, chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 tbs. paprika paste
- 325 grams tofu , pureed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tomatoes, sliced
- Slice the eggplants lengthwise, in thin slices and fry in the olive oil till lightly browned. (3-4 min.)
- Chop the nuts in a kitchen machine or food processor.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Puree the tofu adding the paprika paste, salt and pepper.
- Place 1 slice of eggplant on the bottom of an oven proof dish.
- Spread the tofu mixture on top and then some of the nut mixture.
- Repeat this again with a second slice of eggplant, tofu mixture and nuts.
- Top with a slice of eggplant the tofu mixture and sliced tomatoes and sprinkle a few nuts on top.
- Do the entire procedure again for each “lasagna stack”.
- Place all in a preheated oven at 392°F/200°C and bake for 10 minutes.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.