Applesauce is the secret for these sweet cornbread muffins, which make a lovely Sunday morning breakfast.
Serving Size: 3 (ca. 9 muffins)
- 3/4 cup white flour
- 1/4 cup gram flour
- 1/4 cup fine corn flour
- 3/4 cup polenta (cornmeal made from ground maize, coarse)
- 4 tbs. sugar
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/3 cup + 2 tbs. apple sauce
- 1/2 cup soy milk
- 1/2 cup water
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix wet the ingredients in another bowl.
- Add wet to dry and stir well.
- Oil a square or round ovenproof dish, or use one of the silicone cupcake “tins” if you want muffins.
I do not suggest using the paper muffin/cupcake cups, as this recipe does not use oil, the batter sticks to the paper.
- Bake at 375 (F) or 190 (C) for about 25 – 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
I really like the taste of gram flour. It adds a sweetness without changing the texture.
We are able to get 2 “grades” of cornmeal. Very fine (like flour) and coarse (like grits).
I’ve used all of these plus the normal white flour to make these tasty sweet cornbread muffins.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.