Semolina pudding with rhubarb coulis
This is a traditional, family standard in many countries. It’s easy and inexpensive to make.
Semolina has a very interesting history. You can read about it on Wikipedia.
Serving Size: 4
- 1 liter soy milk (vanilla flavor)
- 1 cap full vanilla or 1 packet vanilla sugar
- 100 grams (10 tbs.) semolina
- 75 grams sugar
- 4-5 stalks rhubarb
- 1 cup water
- 3 tbs. sugar
- Bring the soy milk to a gentle boil.
- Add the vanilla and sugar and stir.
- Add the semolina and continue to stir.
- Keep stirring until the pudding becomes thick.
- Pour into 4 individual forms or glasses for serving.
- Place in the refrigerator to cool and solidify.
- Meanwhile. Cut the rhubarb into pieces.
- Place in a non-aluminum pan.
- Pour the water over and add the sugar.
- Bring the rhubarb to a boil.
- When the rhubarb has broken down (about 4-5 minutes), puree.
- The coulis can be refrigerated or served hot over the chilled pudding.