Grilled eggplant and sweet potato on soba noodles
This does taste as nice as it looks. It’s a bit of trouble, but definitely worth it.
Serving Size: 4
- 2 sweet potatoes, sliced in 1/2 inch slices, will be about 12 total slices (about 2 medium)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 1/2 tbs. molasses
- 2 tbs. water
- 2 tsp.vegetable oil
- 2 tbs. Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 eggplant, sliced in 1/2 inch slices, will be about 8 slices
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 8 wedges
- cooking spray
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 1/2 tbs. soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sherry
- 1 tbs. sesame oil
- 1 tbs. brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 4 cups cooked soba (about 8 ounces uncooked buckwheat noodles)
- Place potato slices in a saucepan, and cover with water; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- Rinse with cold water; drain well.
- Combine juice molasses, water, oil, mustard and garlic as a marinade.
- Add potato slices, eggplant, and bell pepper to marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Prepare grill.
- Place the vegetables on grill rack coated with cooking spray, and grill for 4 minutes on each side or until done, basting frequently with 1/2 cup reserved marinade. Place vegetables on a platter; drizzle with remaining marinade.
- Combine onions and next 5 ingredients (onions through ginger).
- Place cooked soba noodles in a large bowl, and drizzle with dressing.
- Serve with vegetables.