Melon & wine smoothie
Refreshing to look at as well as enjoy. The soft color of melon matched with the soft flavor of wine. Chilled and enjoyed.
Serving Size: 4
- 1 ripe cantaloupe or orange colored melon (ca. 2 pounds)
- 1/2 Tbs granulated sugar or more, depending on melon’s sweetness
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/2 cup light, white wine, such as sauvignon blanc
- a few sprigs of fresh mint, or lime as garnish
- Cut the melon in quarters and scoop out the seeds.
- Carefully trim the skin away from the flesh with a sharp knife.
- Cut the flesh in pieces and place i a blender.
- Puree the melon with the sugar, lime juice, and wine.
- Taste, and adjust as needed.
- Se in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- You will need to once again put it in the blender before serving, as the liquid separates.
- Serve garnished with lime and mint or a wedge of melon.