This bright green soup is also considered a standard Irish recipe.
Serving Size: 4
- 2 tablespoons soy margarine
- 1/4 onion, diced
- 200 grams watercress
- 300 ml. vegetable stock
- 100 ml. soy cream
- 3-4 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- Melt the soy margarine in a medium saucepan.
- Add the onion and sauté until soft, don’t allow to become golden or brown.
- Reserve a few pretty watercress leaves as garnish.
- Add the watercress to the onion.
- When the watercress has just wilted, add the stock.
- Leave the soup to simmer for 4 minutes.
- Transfer the soup to a food processor add 1 tablespoon of the chopped mint and blitz until smooth.
- Return the soup to the pan, add the cream and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the rest of the mint before removing soup from heat.
- Ladle the soup into bowls, garnish with a few watercress leaves and serve.
The secret to this nice soup, is not to over cook it, thus it retains it’s nice bright green color, and the light minty flavor.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.