Mango and vegan cream cheese Danish
These were the best, and so easy to make! They were lovely with the mango, but I also look forward to trying them throughout the season as all the various fruits become ripe.
Serving Size: 2
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1/2 mango, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup plain soy yogurt
- 1 generous Tbs. cashew butter
- 1 Tbs. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. sugar for dusting (optional)
To make the soy cream cheese:
- Put the 1/2 cup soy yogurt in a cheese cloth and drain for 10 minutes (or squeeze out the water if you are short on time).
- Put the drained soy yogurt in a small bowl.
- Add the cashew butter and stir well.
- Add the powdered sugar and again mix well.
- Preheat the oven to 220 (C) or as indicated on the puff pastry package.
- Remove 2 sheets of puff pastry and allow to thaw.
- Meanwhile, slice the mango in half, peel and slice the half into thin slices.
- Place the thawed puff pastries on a cooky sheet with parchment baking paper.
- Place 1 tablespoon of the soy yogurt cheese diagonally along the middle of each sheet.
- Carefully lay the mango slices on top of the soy cheese.
- Using a bit of water….fold each of the other diagonal points over and secure with a bit of water.
- Brush the tops of the pastries with water and dust with a bit granulated sugar.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.
- Allow to cool slightly off and enjoy.