Lemon Gnocchi with Spinach and Peas
Wow, was this a nice meal especially when green peas are available fresh. There is a lovely lemony flavor that gives an added freshness to the peas and spinach.
Serving Size: 4
- 1 cup peas
- 1 cup soy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon dried hot red-pepper flakes
- 1 clove, garlic minced
- 3 cups (packed) fresh spinach (3 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1& 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 lb. gnocchi
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- Simmer peas with soy cream, red-pepper flakes, garlic, and 1/4 teaspoon salt, until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add spinach and cook over medium-low heat, uncovered, stirring, until wilted.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon zest and juice.
- Meanwhile, cook gnocchi in a pasta pot of boiling salted water until al dente.
- Drain gnocchi.
- Add the nutritional yeast to the sauce and stir.
- Serve the gnocchi with the sauce poured over and optionally more nutritional yeast or vegan Parmesan cheese on top.
I used fresh peas from the garden, however frozen would also be fine.
If using frozen peas, do not thaw first, add them to the soy cream frozen.
adapted from http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/(…)