Warm Fava Bean and Lentil Salad with Mint
This salad is as healthy as it is beautiful. This warm salad tasted great on a chilly evening. The mint leaves give a nice fresh flavor, complimented with a splash of lemon juice and the red wine vinegar.
Serving Size: 4
- 1 cup Le Puy lentils
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1-2 bay leaves
- 300 g fava beans, broad beans or lima beans (1 package frozen)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- splash of lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- splash of Tabasco
- 1 bunch mint, leaves only, chopped
- 150 g soy cheese, grated (optional)
- Saute the red onion until glassy.
- Add the lentils.
- Cover with water (about 4 cups), bring to the boil and simmer for 20 minutes until tender – the water should be absorbed.
- When the lentils have softened, remove the bay leaves.
- Season with salt, and pepper.
- Meanwhile, cook the favas, limas or broad beans for 5 minutes until just tender.
- Add the favas to the lentils.
- Make a sauce from the olive oil, lemon juice and red wine vinegar.
- Add a splash of Tabasco if wished, and pour over the beans and lentils.
- Add the chopped mint and mix well.
- Add the grated soy cheese just before serving.
Any lentil will be fine, but the Le Puy hold their shape well and don’t become so muchy when cooked.
adapted from http://www.olivemagazine.co.uk/content/recipes/38/
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.