Zucchini and Pesto Rice Timbale
These tasty towers are great as a salad or they can also be used as an appetizer. They’re colorful and quick and easy to make.
Serving Size: 4
- 200 grams white rice, cooked
- 1 med. zucchini, cut in very thin slices
- 1/4 cup vegan pesto
- tomato and chives as garnish
- Cook the rice and allow to slightly cool.
- Make the pesto (I chose basil but you can use any green pesto of choice.
- When the rice has cooled, make sure there is not extra water, if so drain the rice.
- Mix the pesto into the rice.
- Using a pastry ring, fill the lower 1/4 with the “green” rice.
- Place a layer of the zucchini over the rice and then another layer of rice, followed with a second layer of zucchini.
- I topped the tower with rice, and garnished with a tomato and a few chives.
- However, if you wish, it is also pretty topped with a layer of zucchini and garnish of choice.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.