Spicy Beet and Grape Salad
Pretty and tasty, a nice salad with lots of flavor.
Serving Size: 4
- 3-4 beets, cooked or roasted and cooled
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1/4 cup berry liquor (alternately berry syrup)
- juice from 1 lemon
- 1 shallot or red onion, in fine slices
- 1 teaspoon grainy mustard
- pinch cayenne
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 walnuts, chopped
- a few curls of (soy) cheese as garnish
- mixed salad greens or mixed sprouts
- Cook the beets…allow to cool, and then slice thinly. I have a small cooky cutter in the shape of a star and will then cut little stars from the beet slices. (The left over beet pieces I will use in a soup, or make a pureed dip.
- Slice the grapes in half.
- Lightly saute the shallot or onion until glassy.
- Add the berry liquor or syrup and allow it to reduce.
- Serve the beets and grapes on a bed of lettuce or on mixed sprouts.
- Drizzle the dressing over and garnish with chopped walnuts and cheese curls.
Rather than just slicing the cooked beets, I used a cookie cutter to cut out little stars for this holiday salad.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.