Spicy Sweet Potato Soup
This creamy spicy soup fills the tummy and brings a glow of warmth on a chilly day.
Serving Size: 4
- 1/2 cup soy yogurt
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon soy margarine
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups vegetable bouillon (1 cube and 4 cups water)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons ginger root, grated
- 3 tablespoons cashew butter
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- salt to taste
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- Place half the zest from the lime in the soy yogurt and return to the refrigerator to season.
- Melt the soy margarine in large pot.
- Saute the onions until glassy.
- Add the minced garlic and sweet potato pieces.
- Add the cumin, chili flakes, ginger and vegetable broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer until the potatoes are soft.
- Puree the soup.
- Add the cashew butter and whisk to a smooth constancy.
- Still in the line juice, and season with salt or additional seasonings as wished.
- Serve garnished with the soy yogurt and tomato pieces, with a few chopped cilantro leaves.
This recipe originates from an African recipe which uses peanut butter, we chose the subtle flavor of cashews to make this a little more special.
adapted from http://allrecipes.com/(…)