Plum Rhubarb Raisin Crisp
The sweetness of plums combined with the tartness of rhubarb makes for a lovely dessert. This recipes for crisp, was served in puff pastry cups and topped with just a bit of soy whipping cream. They were delicious.
Serving Size: 2
- 2 puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 2 cups rhubarb, cut in bite sized pieces
- 2 ripe plums sliced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup granola, muesli or oats
- 1 tablespoon vegan margarine
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Thaw the puff pastry and set them in greased forms.
- Blind bake in a 400ºF (205ºC) oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, mix the rhubarb pieces, with the cut plum pieces.
- Reserve 3 or 4 slices of plums as garnish.
- Add the raisins, sugar, four and cinnamon.
- In a second bowl mix the granola, or oats with the brown sugar,
- Remove the puff pastry shells from the oven, carefully remove the beans or rice that was being used to blind bake.
- Carefully remove the shells from the form.
- Put a layer of the granola mixture on the bottom, dot a few small pieces of vegan margarine eon the granola.
- Add half the rhubarb plum mixture, and return to the oven to bake for 2-10 minutes or until the fruit is soft and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Serve garnished with ice cream or whipped soy cream and a plum slice.
adapted from allerecipes.com
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.