Plum Rhubarb Raisin Crisp
The sweetness of plums combined with the tartness of rhubarb makes for a lovely dessert. This recipes for crisp, was served in puff pastry cups and topped with just a bit of soy whipping cream. They were delicious.
Serving Size: 2
- 2 puff pastry sheets, thawed
- 2 cups rhubarb, cut in bite sized pieces
- 2 ripe plums sliced
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup granola, muesli or oats
- 1 tablespoon vegan margarine
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Thaw the puff pastry and set them in greased forms.
- Blind bake in a 400ºF (205ºC) oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, mix the rhubarb pieces, with the cut plum pieces.
- Reserve 3 or 4 slices of plums as garnish.
- Add the raisins, sugar, four and cinnamon.
- In a second bowl mix the granola, or oats with the brown sugar,
- Remove the puff pastry shells from the oven, carefully remove the beans or rice that was being used to blind bake.
- Carefully remove the shells from the form.
- Put a layer of the granola mixture on the bottom, dot a few small pieces of vegan margarine eon the granola.
- Add half the rhubarb plum mixture, and return to the oven to bake for 2-10 minutes or until the fruit is soft and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Serve garnished with ice cream or whipped soy cream and a plum slice.
adapted from allerecipes.com