Asparagus Salad with Tofu Pieces
This was our first asparagus of the season. It was so nice in this light spring salad.
Serving Size: 4
- 150 grams tofu, cut in small squares
- 2 Tbs. oil
- 250 grams asparagus
- 150 grams frozen peas, thawed
- a few lettuce leaves, shredded
- 1/4 cup soy yogurt
- 1 Tbs. Italian salad seasonings
- lemon juice
- pinch of paprika powder
- strawberries as garnish
- lemon verbina or chervil as optional garnish
- Press the tofu on a paper towel to absorb as much liquid as possible.
- Cut the tofu into small squares and saute in the oil until each side is crispy and golden.
- Remove from the oil and drain.
- Thaw the peas.
- Clean the asparagus and cook al dente.
- Make a salad sauce from the soy yogurt, Italian seasonings and lemon juice.
- Cut the lettuce leaves in very fine shreds.
- Place a portion of the lettuce in the bottom of the serving dish or glass.
- Sprinkle a handful of peas over the lettuce.
- Give each salad 4 or 5 pieces of tofu.
- Slice the asparagus into bite sized pieces and add to the salad.
- Drizzle a bit of the dressing over the salad.
- Top with a strawberry and either a twig of lemon verbena or chervil.
Inspired by Koken genieten – Maart 2009