Pockets Full of Nuts
These are so light and tasty, and easy to make. We do hope you give them a try.
Serving Size: 4
- 4 sheets of puff pastry, thawed
- 2 tablespoons almonds, chopped ad ground
- 2 tablespoons pecans, chopped and ground
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, chopped and ground
- 2 tablespoons vegan margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- pinch sugar
- Thaw the puff pastry.
- Preheat the oven to 220 (C). or whatever the package of puff pastry indicates.
- Chop the nuts, put some of the nut pieces in a bowl, and the rest in a coffee grinder or food process to further grind to a flour consistency.
- Melt the vegan margarine.
- Place all of the nuts in a bowl.
- Add the powdered sugar, and then add most of the melted margarine. (Save a little to brush on the outside of the pastries.
- Mix he nut mixture well (I used a fork). It should be crumbly although at times stick together also.
- Place the puff pastry sheets on a cookie sheet prepared with baking parchment or a silicone sheet.
- Put a tablespoon of the nut mixture in the center of each pastry.
- Bring the points of each corner to the center and pinch together.
- Brush the remaining melted margarine on the outer portions of the puff pastry and dust lightly with sugar.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown and puffy.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.