Baked Zucchini Spears
This is a magical recipe that makes all those zucchinis disappear – fast. You can use up those big baseball bat sized ones, or the normal size.
Yield: 16 spears
- 3 Tbs. bread crumbs
- 2 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. thyme
- dash alt, and pepper
- 1 Tbs. nutritional yeast
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. paprika
- 2 med. zucchini
- 2 Tbs. oil
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Combine bread crumbs with the herbs and spices in a shallow dish or soup bow; set aside.
- Pour the oil onto a plate.
- Cut each zucchini lengthwise into 4 pieces; cut each piece in half crosswise.
- Dredge the zucchini spears in the oil, (on each side), then dredge through the herbed bread crumbs.
- Place on baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 475 F / 246 C for 10 minutes or until brown and tender.
- Serve with a dip of your choice.
- I made a simple tomato salsa from a can of crushed tomatoes, Cajun seasoning, Tabasco, salt, pepper and a splash of lime juice.
- A zippy soy yogurt with horseradish would also be yummy.
This makes a nice snack, or appetizer, finger food or even a side dish.
Adapted from http://www.cooks.com/
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.