Beet Salad with Orange Walnut Raspbery Vinagrette
This is a very tasty salad that we will be having more often.
- 1 & 1/4 Lb. beets, peeled and cut in bite sized pieces
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 oranges, peeled and sectioned
for the dressing:
- 3 Tbs. walnut oil
- 3 Tbs. raspberry or strawberry vinegar
- 1 orange, juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Italian herbs
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- maple syrups or agave syrup
- few lettuce leaves
- Peel and slice the beets.
- Drizzle the oil over them and sprinkle them with salt.
- Roast in the oven until tender (about 40 minutes).
- Turn from time to time.
- When done, remove from the oven and allow to cool.
To make the dressing:
- Pour the walnut oil in a bowl.
- Add the raspberry or strawberry vinegar.
- Squeeze the juice of 1 orange in and whisk to mix.
- Add the Italian herbs, salt and pepper and whisk again.
- Season to taste with additional herbs.
To make the salad:
- Peel and section 2 oranges.
- Chop the walnuts.
- Make a bed of lettuce leaves on a plate.
- Place some of the roasted beets on the lettuce.
- Add half of the orange slices to the beets.
- Sprinkle the walnuts over the beets and oranges.
- Serve with the dressing drizzled over.
You can boil the beets rather than “firing up” the oven to roast them.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.