Spicy Sweet Potato Spread
This makes a very tasty spread especially nice on dark sweet pumpernickel bread. It would also be a tasty dip for vegetables and some fruit as well.
- 1 sweet potato
- 1-2 splashes chili oil or Tabasco
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1-2 teaspoon maple syrup
- very small pinch of salt
- Peel the sweet potato and slice in large pieces.
- Place in a steam and steam until soft.
- Puree the cooked sweet potato to a smooth consistency.
- Add the seasonings.
- Taste to season and season to taste. We did not want a salty flavor, we wanted a sweet spread, but with a slight kick of warmth both immediately on the tongue (from the chili or Tabasco) and a longer lasting warmth gotten from the ginger.
Offering you this site with free recipes without advertisements or sponsored posts costs time and money. Please support our work and keep us going in following ways:
Buy our cookbook
License our stock photos
Visit vegaliciousphotos for our portofio of authentic vegan food stock photos and videos.