Apricots Filled with Almond and Cranberry Soy Ricotta
These lovely apricots would make a very nice addition to any party. The can be used as a vegan tapas, finger food or an appetizer.
Yield: 2 doz.
- 1 pkg. dried apricots
- 1 cup soy yogurt
- 2 tablespoons cashew nut butter
- 2 tablespoons amaretto or almond extract
- 2 tablespoons ground or chopped almonds
- 1/8-1/4 cup dried cranberries or dried cherries, chopped
- Sliced almonds and candied cherries as garnish
- Tapas sticks or toothpicks to serve.
To make the filling:
- Mix the soy yogurt with the cashew nut butter, chopped or ground almonds and hopped fruit.
- Add the amaretto or almond flavoring.
- Season to taste with additional powdered sugar if desired.
- Gently loosen the long side of each apricot and open as a clam shell.
- Fill about 1/2 teaspoon of filling in each apricot.
- Garnish with sliced almonds and a pice of candied cherry.
- Optionally use a tapas stick or toothpick so people can easily pick the apricots up.